Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The closing chapter

At last a hope, a break of dawn

a ray of hope, and i struggle on,

Taking with me some dreams diminished,

and i walk on towards the hope, furnished.

you are frozen in that frame,

smiling away still the same.

The smile, the face, the beauty unchanged,

i left you in that frame forever chained.

Like the dog in the chain you pined silly,

till the day they came, and set you free.

i came back home your shadow answered,

now far away you were much happier.

It took me years to know your shadow,

the knowledge, the realisation, left me hollow.

i set out, looking for you across the world,

From a distance i noticed you happily curled,

You seemed happier than ever before,

with just those people you could love far more.

I turned away but could never turn back,

I saw the darkness, I saw my crack.

Since then I've walked on across the world

Looking for you in windows and walls

Knocked on doors calling out,

till i stopped looking about.

I gave up looking around for you,

then, finally the hopes arose all anew.

Th bob of light prances ahead,

I smile at last and follow lead,

walking away towards the unknown,

I vaguely wonder, how much life has'nt shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment